We try to eliminate situations that are dangerous to the health and life of our Employees, in which there could be an accident at work. However, such situations do happen. Then we follow the exit procedure implemented in the given company.
Healthy and safe working conditions are our priority when setting the everyday goals of our Group. Striving for excellence in this area is possible thanks to an increasingly modern technological solutions, organizational and process innovativeness, as well as the involvement of the management and the main management of the consciousness of the importance of the issue.
- We monitor changes and technical solutions that appear on the market that affect the level of security. Every year, designated Health and Safety Employees participate in the Labour Protection Fair, where they review the latest technological solutions in the field of health and safety. During the visit, the Health and Safety representative participates in seminars and lectures organized by institutions associated with the health and safety, as well as the fire protection industry, updating knowledge on the basis of which it introduces improved solutions in companies.
- In possible areas, we introduce automation and robotization, which on the one hand fits into the industrial revolution 4.0, which is the result of a combination of technology, digitization and the establishment of a modern organization, while on the other hand has a real impact on the safety of our Employees. An example is the systematic introduction of changes and improvements to processes at Enea Wytwarzanie and the constant pursuit of the maximum automation of work processes through the installation of control and supervision systems of AKPiA (Control and Measurement Instruments and Automation) on individual manufacturing facilities. Such solutions cause the exclusion of workers from hazardous working zones and the improvement of work ergonomics.
- We care about ergonomic working conditions, introducing facilities in this area (e.g. through changes at workplaces in the form of retrofitting them with footrests, wrist rests and replacement of office armchairs with ones that have adjustable armrests). In 2018, the first aid training program was implemented for Employees of Enea Centrum and Enea. The program also included first aid elements for infants and children. The "Skoda Auto Lab" safety program was also continued, especially for Employees in the sales area. At the same time, the Group companies enriched initial training and general instructions with practical demonstrations using phantoms and training defibrillators.
- Thanks to the cost-effective insurance offer, the Enea Group Employees can ensure the safety of themselves and their relatives in the event of unforeseen fortuitous events.
- In the case of an adverse event, we carry out the tasks provided in the accident procedures of our companies.
- In the event of an accident, immediately after receiving information about the incident, an accident team is appointed to explain the circumstances and causes of the incident.
- After conducting the accident event investigation, the team prepares a report and identifies corrective actions. Documentation regarding accidents is stored in the relevant registers of individual companies.
|The number of employee and subcontractor accidents in 2018 as well as frequency and severity of accident rates|
|The company name||Employees||Subcontractors||Employee |
accident rate 1
of accident rate
of employees 2
|Number of fatal accidents||The total number of reported accidents||Number of fatal accidents||The total number of reported accidents|
|Enea Centrum Sp. z o.o.||0||9||0||0||3,95||0,06|
|Enea Wytwarzanie Sp. z o.o. 3||0||7||0||5||3,33||39,14|
|Przedsiębiorstwo Energetyki Cieplnej Sp. z o.o.||0||0||0||0||0,00||0,00|
|Enea Ciepło Serwis Sp. z o.o.||0||4||0||0||17,59||1,16|
|Enea Ciepło Sp. z o.o.||0||2||0||1||2,40||1,55|
|Miejska Energetyka Cieplna Piła Sp. z o.o.||0||2||1||1||0,01||0,86|
|Enea Operator Sp. z o.o.||0||31||0||1||7,09||43,61|
|Enea Oświetlenie Sp. z o.o.||0||2||0||0||10,75||0,30|
|Enea Elektrownia Połaniec SA||0||1||0||6||1,41||0,06|
|Enea Bioenergia Sp. z o.o.||0||0||0||0||0,00||0,00|
|Enea Pomiary Sp. z o.o.||0||2||1||1||6,37||0,49|
|Enea Serwis Sp. z o.o. 4||0||15||no data||no data||12,82||0,47|
|Enea Logistyka Sp. z o.o.||0||1||0||0||6,07||0,00|
|Enea Trading Sp. z o.o.||0||1||0||0||5,80||0,03|
Sp. z o.o. in liquidation
|Enea Badanie i Rozwój
Sp. z o.o.
Sp. z o.o.
|Energo-Tour Sp. z o.o. in liquidation||0||0||0||0||0,00||0,00|
- Frequency rate of employee accidents = number of accidents at work x 1,000,000 / total number of hours of risk worked (Number of hours of risk: number of hours, overtime hours worked / employees employed under a fixed-term and indefinite work contract).
- Employee severity rate = number of days of sick leave due to accidents x 1,000 / total number of hours worked.
- Enea Wytwarzanie Sp. z o. o. - the frequency of accident rate for employees was calculated according to the formula: number of accidents at work x 1000 / average employment in the Company; the indicator of severity of employee accidents was calculated according to the following formula: the number of days of dismissal caused by accidents at work / number of total accidents - fatal accidents.
- Enea Serwis Sp. z. o. o. does not collect data on incident occurrences of subcontractors.
We do not accept compromises on issues of health and safety. We take preventive measures to reduce the risk of accidents and injuries at work.
- Company conducts ongoing inspections aimed at identifying irregularities and implementing solutions to eliminate them. For example, in Enea Oświetlenie, after two accidents at work in the electromotive stations, Employees were checked at the same workplaces on a subject of greater caution when performing work with sharp elements and earthworks, as well as choosing the most ergonomic and safest method of work and correct assessment of the condition of the material factors on which the work is performed.
- In 2018, an accident at work took place at Enea Operator, which resulted in an Employee getting burnt during the assembly of the measuring system in the MV / LV station. As a result, the company undertook actions aimed at limiting the occurrence of such an event in the future. It was elaborated, and by the management board decision, a station instruction was implemented "Work organization instruction for the construction and replacement of balancing metres and communication modules in the Sn / nn transformer stations for the AMI project".
- An example of an irregularity identified in Enea Ciepło was the lack of proper protection of hot surfaces during welding work. In order to eliminate the risk level in this area, the Employees were trained in terms of methods and approaches of protecting and covering hot surfaces while carrying out welding work.
- Another example is the identification of irregularities during the inspection of a forklift in Enea Pomiary. It was found that the trolley was not equipped with rear-view mirrors. Activities were performed related to the updating of OSH instructions for the operation of a forklift by the provision that in the case of a forklift service, the presence of another person is necessary for the purpose of machine operator protection to ensure operational safety. In addition, the principles of safe machine operation have been discussed with people who have the authorization to operate a forklift.
- Enea Ciepło in 2018 conducted an analysis of the health of Employees regarding their exposure to harmful noise and for Employees performing welding work, while also to exceed hygiene standards for concentration manganese or optical radiation. Based on the results of these trainings, an optical action program and a program of organizational and technical measures aimed at limiting exposure to noise in the form of selection of hearing protectors were introduced.
- In Enea Operator health and safety issues play a key role, hence, in order to eliminate potential threats in this area, the OHS campaign "Our choice - safe work" is carried out. As part of the campaign, educational meetings are held in the field of safe work, during the course of which last year the topic of using chainsaws, while also the methods and principles of evacuation of the aggrieved parties were discussed.
- The main initiatives in the area of OHS Enea Oświetlenie and Enea Serwis include regular inspections of safety equipment and safety equipment for work at heights. In addition, in 2018, Enea Oświetlenie changed the belaying equipment for work at heights and protection equipment against electric shocks.
- In Enea Elektrownia Połaniec, the campaign "We work safely or not at all" was carried out to improve the safety of the work of contractors. Within its framework, the company has implemented formal requirements for contractors who carry out work on its behalf. Contractors provide an "Health and Safety questionnaire” together with the response to the request. Based on the data contained in the questionnaire, an assessment of the health and safety at work is carried out in the company, which influences its selection for the implementation of works and services. As part of the campaign "We work safely or not at all", Employees of external companies are required, among others, to undergraduate training carried out by the health and safety service, in which 2,344 people were trained in 2018. In order to monitor the work of contractors and increase the efficiency of information exchange, in addition to the control of their work, notice boards are placed on the site of the Power Plant, reminiscent of basic OSH requirements at the plant site and newsletters containing materials to raise the Employee awareness of health and safety. Non-compliant companies are subject to contractual penalties.