Our priority is to ensure reliable supply of eclectic and thermal energy to our Clients who have trusted us. We consistently implement investments in the development of generation assets and networks along with distribution infrastructure.
We shorten breaks in case of a breakdown or modernization works.
investments in energy security
We have invested almost PLN 1 million in energy security and development in north-western Poland. The goal of all investments carried out by Enea Operator is primarily to improve the power supply conditions and the quality of electricity supplied. In addition, thanks to the modernization and expansion of infrastructure, the company strengthens the energy security of the voivodeships (provinces) served and provides power for new investors, thus supporting the development of regions. Investments in a smart grid are mainly the automation of the power grid that has a significant impact on shortening and reducing interruptions in electricity supply.
funding from EU funds
In addition, Enea Operator has obtained over PLN 34 million in funding from EU funds from various funding programs.
research and development projects
At the end of 2018, the total value of co-financing obtained from EU funds in the last two years for investments, as well as research and development projects amounted to over PLN 278 million.
To ensure continuity of supply:
- We conduct regular operations;
- We carry out a number of modernizations;
- We make significant investments;
- We introduce the latest technical standards;
- We cooperate with other operators;
- We improve the skills and qualifications of our team.
The most important investments of Enea Operator concerning the main supply points:
West Pomeranian voivodeship
- Extension of two main supply points located on the outskirts of Szczecin, in the towns of Zdroje and Dąbie. As part of the investment, a cable line was built that connects both power stations;
- The construction of two new supply points in Choszczno and Recz and the high voltage line connecting them. The company continued the reconstruction of the 110 kV line Morzyczyn - Drawski Młyn and Recław - Goleniów.
- Completion of the modernization of the power station in Żarki;
- Construction of the main supply point of Kisielin and the 110 kV Babimost-Zbączek line and reconstruction of the 110kV line Gorzów - Witnica.
- Continuation of the reconstruction of the Fordon main point, along with the construction of the station's secondary power supply;
- Continuation of the construction of the 110 kV cable line Bydgoszcz Śródmieście - Bydgoszcz Północ, together with the reconstruction of the Bydgoszcz Śródmieście station.
Greater Poland voivodeship
- Continuation of the reinforcement lines construction for the Poznań agglomeration and the 110 kV line Piła Krzewina - Miasteczko Krajeńskie;
- Execution of new or reconstruction of existing power stations: GPZ Suchy Las, Kuczyna, Poznań Główna, Oborniki, Cytadela, Garbary, Wronki, Leszno Gronowo.
PROCEDURES AND EFFICIENCY INDICATORS
We improve our skills in work carried out under voltage. Due to ensuring continuity of electricity supply, in the majority OF CASES, network repairs are performed with the voltage turned on. In addition, Enea Operator Employees provide their experience in this area as part of workshops at the training ground Enea.
We are ready for cooperation aimed at the quick elimination of power network failures. An expression of this declaration is the signed agreement between Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne SA (Polish Electricity Grid) and the distribution system operators, including Enea Operator. The agreement sanctioned cooperation with other operators of distribution and transmission systems, which we undertook to eliminate the effects of extraordinary weather events, such as storms.
We implement investment projects aimed at increasing the security of electricity supply. In this area:
- We have started the construction of the 110 kV high voltage line between Jasiniec and Świecie together with the reconstruction of the Ford 110/15 kV station. The investment will significantly affect the quality of power supply in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Province and improve the efficiency of network management through the applied automation;
- We have expanded the power station in Kostrzyn by the Odra river, which feeds Clients in the Kostrzyn-Słubice Special Economic Zone;
- We have completed the reconstruction of over 110 km of linear (110 kV) line from Leszno to Września and we have launched the modernized Main Power Supply Point of Zdroje in Szczecin.
We have obtained funding for a project that facilitates limiting losses in transformers. As part of the project, a special calculation algorithm shall be developed that will facilitate the process of transformer selection. We have joined the nationwide system heat delivery program. It is an economical way to heat buildings and provide hot water. The solution ensures comfort and safety for users throughout the year.
PROCEDURES AND EFFICIENCY INDICATORS
We operate according to specific procedures and implement the assumptions of the adopted programs. Driven by them, Enea Operator may provide the continuity of supply more effectively. At Enea Operator, the Reliability Improvement Program is implemented, which affects the reliability of network operations
- Modernization of linear SN lines in the scope of comprehensive modernization of entire line sections, including the assembly of remotely controlled switches;
- Automation of the power distribution network, in the scope of the assembly of remotely controlled switches in overhead MV lines, as well as in transformer stations and modernization of object controllers and concentrators;
- Elimination of short-circuit threats in the MV network, aimed at increasing the cross-sections of the MV line outlets from the GPZ, which will consequently increase the reliability of power supply for the recipients;
- Replacement of MV non-cross-linked cables with cables insulated with cross-linked polyethylene;
- Implementation of FDIR (Fault Detection, Isolation & Restoration) functions in selected SN sequences;
- Liquidation of the 6 kV network in the Distribution Area of Poznań.
The following procedures apply as part of the Network Operation Reliability Program at Enea Operator:
- The procedure for planning and reporting works on HV, MV and LV networks for the needs of investment and operation, as well as for conducting network traffic in Enea Operator Sp. z o.o.;
- The procedure of working under voltage at electrical power devices at Enea Operator Sp. z o.o.;
- The procedure of working under voltage in overhead 15 and 20 KV networks at Enea Operator Sp. z o.o.;
- The procedure for keeping records of work done in PPN technology and calculating the electricity supplied to the clients, while performing work under voltage in Enea Operator Sp. z o.o.;
- The procedure for information exchange and reporting on events in the power network by Enea Operator Sp. z o.o. and cooperation with the crisis management staff in the case of extensive failures;
- Procedure for managing tree and bush cuttings in power lines belts of Enea Operator Sp. z o.o.;
- Catalogue of standard operations of the WN, SN and NN power grids at Enea Operator Sp. z o.o.;
- Detailed regulations regarding the correct operation of the electrical power equipment.
Every year we achieve increasingly better indicators showing the effectiveness of our activities:
- SAIDI 1 - the average duration of switching off the power in 2018 is 149.94 minutes. Compared to 2015, we improved the ratio by 65.5%2.
- SAIFI 3 - the frequency of switching off the power supply in 2018 was 3.03. We improved this ratio by 44.9% compared to 20154.
There were many factors contributing to the improvement of reliability indicators at Enea Operator. They include a smaller number of disasters than in the previous year. In addition, this is the effect of streamlining the distribution process, changing the network traffic management structure and investments in the modernization of the power grid. The company carried out a number of innovations and projects aimed at improving the continuity of power supply and the quality of services provided. One of the elements was the implementation of a new organization of traffic management services in the company and strengthening the structures of Energy Departments. The Central Power Dispatch Centre was created at Enea Operator, which enables more efficient planning of shutdowns during modernization works on the 110 kV network and more effective monitoring of the grid condition in the power company.
Enea Operator also carried out organizational changes affecting the continuity of electricity supply. The work of energy posts has been changed and unified. Their structure, number and location, scope of tasks, employment, equipment and responsibility have been optimized. The new way of organizing the Brigade of the Ambulance Service directly affects the shortening of interruptions in the supply of electricity.
1 The values of SAIDI and SAIFI reliability ratios are the values of indicators not cleaned of catastrophic weather events. According to the new Quality Regulation in 2018-2025 for Distribution System Operators, these indicators are subject to purification. The presented ratios for 2018 have not been finally recalculated (as at 23/01/2019). This means that the final indicators for 2018 may still change slightly.
2 2015 is a reference year due to the set goals in the Enea Capital Group's Development Strategy in the perspective up to 2030. In 2015, the SAIDI index was 434 minutes.
3 The values of SAIDI and SAIFI reliability ratios are the values of indicators not cleared of catastrophic weather events. According to the new Quality Regulation in 2018-2025 for Distribution System Operators, these indicators are subject to purification. The presented ratios for 2018 have not been finally recalculated (as of 23/01/2019). This means that the final indicators for 2018 may still change slightly.
4 2015 is a reference year due to the set goals in the Enea Capital Group's Development Strategy in the perspective up to 2030. In 2015, the SAIFI rate was 5.50.